Morningstar TriStar TS-MPPT-60 Amp (12, 24, 36, 48 volts) Includes RTS Morningstar's TriStar TS-MPPT-60 solar controller with TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the industry's highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers. The TriStar TS-MPPT-60 features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of data logging.
The TS-MMPT-60 has many key features and benefits:
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short circuit protection
- Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes power losses
- Low self-consumption
- Continuous operation at full power to 45°C without need to de-rate
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability. Uses open standard MODBUS protocol and Morningstar's MS View software.
- Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
- Three LED's display system status
- Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
- Enclosure: Type 1 (indoor and vented) IP20
For the full list of technical specifications: Click here to download the product data sheet.
|battery voltage||Operating Range 8-72 volts DC|
|conduit knockouts||M20; _, 1, 1 _ inch|
|dimensions||11.4" H x 5.1" W x 5.6" D (29.1 x 13.0 x 14.2 cm)|
|maximum battery current||60 amps|
|maximum self-consumption||2.7 Watts|
|maximum wire gauge||35 mm_ / 2 AWG|
|nominal maximum solar input||At 12 Volts, 800 Watts. At 24 Volts, 1600 Watts. At 48 Volts 3200 Watts|
|nominal system voltage||12, 24, 36 or 48 volts DC|
|open circuit voltage solar||150 volts DC|
|transient surge protection||4500 Watts/port|
|weight||9.2 lbs (4.2 kg)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.