MorningStar SunSaver Duo SSD-25 25 Amp 12 Volt Solar Controller. Morningstar's SunSaver Duo SSD-25 is an advanced PWM two battery controller for RV's, caravans, boats and cottages. This product will charge two separate and isolated batteries at the same time, such as a "house" and an engine battery, based on user selectable priorities. The SunSaver Duo employs Morningstar's legendary SunSaver controller technology, whose long-term track record for high reliability and improved battery charging is well-recognized in the solar industry. This controller also includes a backlit remote meter which may be mounted in or on a wall, and displays digital and pictorial status information about the solar power system. The SunSaver Duo is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, is user adjustable via DIP switch or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote temperature sensor. MorningStar's products are built from the inside out to deliver more than twice the industry average operating life.
The SSD-25 delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features such as:
- Solar charge current shared between the two batteries based on a user selectable priority. When one battery is fully charged, all of the charge current flows to the other battery.
- The remote meter and LED's display system status data and any system errors. Custom icons and back lighting make the meter easy to read and understand
- Two battery charging eliminates the added cost of two separate solar charging systems and the need for isolation between the batteries
- The controller is installed near the batteries using the clearly labeled large wire terminals. The remote meter may be mounted in the wall or on the wall using the included frame. Also includes the meter wiring with RJ-11 connector.
- Four stage series PWM pulse charging and temperature compensation increases the useful life of the batteries.
- The controller will not be damaged by wiring mistakes during installation. There are no fuses to replace, and the controller will automatically re-set after a wiring mistake
- Epoxy encapsulation protects the controller against dust and high humidity. Efficient electronics and a conservative thermal design allow the controller to operate reliably at high temperatures. Five year warranty and estimated 15 year life.
To view all product specifications: Click here to download the product data sheet.
|controller dimensions||6.7" H x 2.2" W x 1.6" D (17 x 5.6 x 4.1 cm)|
|controller self-consumption||6 to 10 milliamps|
|controller weight||0.57 lbs (260 g)|
|largest wire||16 mm^2 (#6 AWG)|
|max. solar voltage||30V|
|maximum battery voltage||15V|
|meter wire||33 ft (10 m)|
|minimum battery voltage||1V|
|rated solar input||25 amps|
|regulation voltage||14.1 volts (at 25┬░C, 77┬░F) (Sealed Battery)|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.