MorningStar SunKeeper SK-12 12 Amp 12 Volt Junction Box Mounted Solar Controller. Morningstar's SunKeeper SK-12 solar controller provides a low cost regulated output directly from the solar module to maximize battery life in small solar power applications. The SK-12 is epoxy encapsulated and rated for outdoor use. By mounting directly to the module junction box and wiring through the junction box knockout, the connection is weather-proof. This eliminates the need for an additional housing for the controller. To withstand the high temperatures at the solar module, the controller has been designed using extremely efficient power electronics and is rated to 70┬░C. The SK-12 is also certified for use in Class 1, Division 2 hazardous locations, making it an ideal controller for solar powered oil/gas applications.MorningStar's products are built from the inside out to deliver more than twice the industry average operating life.
The SK-12 delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features such as:
- Rated to 70°C to operate in high temperatures at the solar module. More reliable than controllers mounted inside the junction box. Uses very low on-resistance power MOSFET's. No need to re-rate.
- ETL approved for outdoor use without an additional enclosure. Rugged IP65, UV resistant case. Epoxy encapsulated printed circuit board and watertight connection to the module junction box.
- Fully protected against reverse polarity, short circuit, overcurrent, lightning and transient surges, high temperature and reverse current at night.
- Series PWM with 3 stage charging: bulk, PWM regulation and float. Includes temperature compensation at the controller or alternatively at the battery when using optional remote temperature sensor. Able to charge a zero voltage battery.
- Specifically designed for solar power systems in the oil/gas industry. Approved for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D.
- Bi-color LED is easy to read from the ground when the solar module is pole-mounted. Indicates solar charging, regulation, normal nighttime operation and any controller or system faults.
- Fits standard half inch conduit knockout (PG 13.5, M20) in module junction box. Quickly fastens with included locknut. Wires have fork connectors for easy connection to solar module terminals.
- Fitting to Module J-box: PG 13.5, M20, 1/2 inch conduit
To view all product specifications: Click here to download the product data sheet.
|dimensions||3.9" H x 2" W x 0.5" D (99 x 51 x 13 mm)|
|max. solar voltage||30V|
|minimum battery voltage||0V|
|nominal system voltage||12 volts|
|rated solar input||12 amps|
|self-consumption at night||2mA|
|voltage accuracy||┬▒150 mV|
|weight||0.25 lbs (0.11 kg)|
|wire size||2.0 mm^2 (#14 AWG)|
|wire terminations||#8 fork connectors|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.