EMC-1 Ethernet Meterbus Converter
The Ethernet MeterBus Converter™ (model: EMC-1) provides the data and communications connection for Morningstar devices, between themselves, with surrounding systems, and with the outside environment through the internet. It’s simple to connect to Morningstar products equipped with an RJ-11 Meterbus port to enable remote monitoring, custom programming, and access to future cloud-based data services.
Protocols and technologies supported by the EMC-1 include:
- HTTP for LiveView: a simple and straightforward web dashboard for checking system status easily from any device browser
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol): provides more detailed monitoring of all system data with existing IT management architecture
- MODBUS Industrial Control: provides high-speed monitoring and control for industrial equipment Compatible Morningstar products include:
- MPPT controllers: TriStar MPPT, ProStar MPPT, and SunSaver MPPT
- PWM controllers: TriStar, ProStar (Gen3) and SunSaver Duo
- Inverters: SureSine
- Inverter/charger: MultiWave (future release)
- The EMC-1 converts this connection into a fully enabled Ethernet port allowing data transfer to the internet. Once connected, the MeterBus port enables transmission of serial data to the EMC-1 for remote monitoring, configuration, and control, using any type of IP-based network connection. This way, many new, powerful integration options for Morningstar products can be activated and used in remote power systems.
Warning: Product may contain materials cautioned by California Proposition 65
|dc input voltage range||8-80 VDC|
|operating temperature range||-40 C to +60C|
|self consumption||2 Watts|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.