Samlex STEP 20 Converter
Would you like to calculate shipping for this item?
The Samlex STEP 20 is a high efficiency switch-mode step-UP DC-DC converter that converts an input voltage of 12 VDC nominal (range 9 VDC to 18 VDC) to a highly regulated output voltage of 24 VDC nominal at 20 Amps. See the details tab for more information.
The STEP 20 converter is non-isolated (no galvanic isolation between input and output) and meant for use in negative ground systems. Features include High efficiency switching regulator, Very low self consumption - less than 5mA, Small size and lightweight, Non-isolated input and output design for higher efficiency, Protected against overload, short circuit, reverse polarity, and high voltage and transient suppression on input side.
- Output noise and ripple: < 50mV RMS
- Isolation,: input to output: No Common Negative
- Isolation, input / output to chassis: Isolated
- Temperature rise after 30 minutes of operation at full load: 30 degrees C @ 20 degrees C ambient
- Type of cooling: By convection (No Fan)
- 12V input side fuse (internal): 80A (2 x 40A)
- 12V input side fuse (external): 70A (2 x 35A) (Not supplied)
- 24V output side fuse (internal): No Fuse
- 24V output side fuse (external) 20A (Not supplied)
- Reverse polarity on input side: External / Internal input Side Fuse will blow
- High voltage and transient suppression on input side: Will blow input side fuse at continuous input voltage > 40V. Also protects against load dump.
- Over current: Short Circuit Proof. External 20A fuse will blow
- Type of connectors: M6 Bolt and Nut
- Rohs: RoHS compliant
- European conformity: CE marked; Emission: EN50081-1; Immunity: EN50082-1
- European automotive directive: 95/45/EC
- Chassis: Anodized Aluminum with plastic end covers
- Dimensions (with protrusions): 152 x 93 x 91 mm / 6 x 3.7 x 3.6 in
- Weight: 1.8 kg / 4 lb
- 2 year warranty
- Input voltage range : 9-18 VDC
- Input Current : (No Load) < 5mA
- Output Voltage : (No Load) 25V - 0.1V
- Output voltage regulation : +0% / -5%
- Output Current : 20A
- Peak efficiency : 92%
- Temperature Range : (De-rate linearly to zero at 70 degrees C / 158 degrees F)
- Humidity : 95%. Non Condensing
- Amps : 20 Amps